Monday, July 1, 2013

July Resolutions

July is so much more relaxed compared to June! But that doesn't mean I'm any less busy. . . What with college preparations, finishing my first draft before August (at least it's my goal), and looking for a job!

#1  Less computer
      Yes, I'm going to try again on this one. The more I'm on the computer, the less ANYTHING gets done. This month, my goal is to be on the internet for an hour or less, and the rest of the time I'm on it will (hopefully) be working on my first draft of my story.

#2  Help with the Garden
      I love gardening, but I also don't like the bug bites, sunburns, and soreness I tend to get when I do garden. Seeing as I'm in charge of two garden plots this year (brocali, radishes, lettuce, marigolds, cilantro, and cucumbers) I'm going to work even harder on actually gardening!

#3  Finish My College Application Stuff
      Technically I've been accepted to Northland International University, but I'm not all the way finished. It's mainly the smaller stuff like sending in the medical papers, insurance info, and signing up for my classes. I'm a horrible procrastinator (as you can probably guess by now), and I have been putting this off for as long as possible.

#4  Finish My First Draft
      I have the first two and a half chapters written for my first draft, that leaves just ten and a half left to write up before the thirty-first. Word wars anyone?

#5  Complete a Fuel Cycle
     I'm doing the Trim Healthy Mama life style now, and one of the ways to kick starting your metabolism is by going through a Fuel Cycle which forces your body to start burning its own fuels in a safe way. I've already started, but it's a two week long cycle. I'm going to have to really work on my self control throughout those two weeks.

This month, I have FIVE resolutions to work on. Let's see how I do this time.
God Bless,
Joy

2 comments:

  1. Very specific on the chapters... How did you decide how many you wanted before you've written the story? Or did you outline it beforehand? (I just throw things at the wall and hope they stick; I'm really not organized.)
    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of have an outline that I'm somewhat following. I'm using the One Year Adventure Novel curriculum to help get me started, but once it's all the way on paper I might change it. It's based on a three act, twelve chapter layout. I'm usually not organized, but the curriculum is helping a bunch. Hope your own writing goes well and God Bless!

      Delete