Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Road Goes Every On and On. . .


The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
~J. R. R. Tolkien, The Road Goes Ever On and On

My life feels like this song right now.
My first semester in college is done.
I now have seven left to go.
After that, I do not know.
It's times like these when I sit back and stare in amazement at everything before me and behind.

Who am I, Lord?
Who am I that You have shown me the next path to take for now?
Who am I that You have directed me this far?
Who am I, Lord?
Who am I?

All that I know, is that I'm a creation of the Creature, and must follow what He tells me to do.
For now, I'm to follow the path of a student.
In four years, He'll show me the next path.
I'll just have to wait until then.

Still round the corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate,
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun.
~J. R. R. Tolkien, A Walking Song

God Bless
SDG
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment