Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Now and the Future

To put it simply, I'm a horrible procrastinator. I'm working on that. . . In fact, I hope to put up a list of things I hope to get done each month on here with the intention of actually getting them done. Among the things that has been happening, I have gotten a job recently, VBS is this next month, I've been accepted to the college I want to go to, and I've actually started to read some books again.

My newest job is a small hospice kind of job. I'm helping to care for an old lady who is dying of cancer. She is a very sweet lady; she loves gardening, bird watching, and she loves cooking. I'm thankful that I am able to help her in any way I can.

Ever since I moved to where I am now with my family, I have helped with our church's VBS every year. This year I'm taking on a different role then before (I used to be either a craft helper or a group helper). This year I'm director's assistant, costume assistant, and props assistant for the play. This year's VBS is medieval themed, and I can't wait to help!

Yes, I have been accepted to Northland International University. I am very happy about that. What I am doing now is procrastinating horribly with filling out my transcript, FAFSA papers, and everything else I need to do. My goal is to have it done by the end of this month and hopefully signed up for classes, but with my current record (which I hope to change) it look doubtful.

I have been very bad for a few months. I have not touched any books to read for fun. Instead, my computer has entranced me into it's depths. I've been on Pinterest more times than is useful, and played around with things like Paint and Windows Movie Maker with nothing in mind for making with them. I have started to read two very fascinating books, Johnny Tremainn and The Gift of Music. I'm half way through Johnny Tremain, and am completely loving it! (Especially since I've been going through One Year Adventure Novel I now understand what the author is doing and why. ) I've read the first four or so chapter's of The Gift of Music, and adore it! It's written by Jane Stuart Smith and Betty Carlson, and each chapter is about a different composer. Did you know that most of the influential composers (up till Bernstein) wrote music for the Psalms? It's true! Some of the composer's I've never even heard of, and am very excited to listen to their music.

That's all for now, though I hope to be back tomorrow with my resollutions!

Solo Deo Gloria,

Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment