Thursday, February 28, 2013

Brownie in a Mug, Take One

Today I decided to try making a Brownie in a Mug. I found a recipe off of Pinterest and tried it out. Here's a link to the pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/171910910748329027/ I couldn't find necessarily where it came from either. . . Oh well.

It turned out pretty good, though it could have been better. I added about two teaspoons of vanilla (because it didn't call for it, and chocolate usually tastes better with vanilla), and the substance wasn't as runny as it showed in the picture, but it was still pretty good (I ate it, so it is at least edible hee hee!). 

I made two of them, one for my mom and one for me. Hers came out better; it was fluffier and richer than mine. Mine was okay, but it was a bit grittier. I probably should have added more liquid to mine. I might take out the salt all together if I try this recipe again. 

Here's the recipe typed out in my own words:

~

1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Flour
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder (I used heaping tbsp's, maybe that was my problem hee hee!)
Pinch of Salt (Neither my mom nor I liked it with the salt, I used even less than a pinch and it was still salty at times)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil (I used vegetable instead because we don't have olive oil)
3 Tbsp water
(Optional) Ice Cream (I didn't use this last ingredient because I don't have any currently.)

Add all dry ingredients together in your mug. (I mixed them as well, but they didn't say that in the Pin.) Add the oil and water. Mix until the texture is consistent. Cook it in the microwave for 1 minute and 40 seconds. Be careful taking it out, it is hot! Add Ice Cream, and enjoy! 

~

Solo Deo Gloria,

Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment